Parkland Ambulance Care is always looking for the right people. If you are interested in a career with us, please submit an application form. We have exciting opportunities for you in a very busy Saskatchewan service. Come see what opportunities await you in beautiful Prince Albert, the gateway to the north and your new paramedic career.
Parkland Ambulance Hiring Process:
Application complete with all required documentation is submitted.
Those applications selected for hiring are contacted to begin the hiring process.
Phase one - physical fitness testing. If the person passes this stage they move to phase two.
Phase two - written examination testing. If the person passes this stage they move to phase four.
Phase three - trauma and medical scenario testing. If the person passes this stage they move to phase three.
Phase four - interview with the management group. Pending interview, reference checks an offer for employment may be made.
Phase five - if employment offer is granted and accepted, then orientation process begins followed by a probationary period and then regular employment.
Parkland Ambulance Care is an equal opportunity employer with many great benefits such as group medical, dental and sick leave. Group RSP plan. Uniform and training allowance and more. Parkland Ambulance wages and benefits are equal to the Health Sciences contract for the Province of Saskatchewan.
What things might make you stand out ahead of someone else:
- Come to testing well rested and ready to go!
- Ensure that you dress the part. Casual clothing or even gym clothes are acceptable for fitness testing and in-house testing but dressing the part for an interview is a must. There is plenty of time and facilites to change on site.
- Bring copies of your resume and all credentials to the testing. Make sure you keep the originals employers only need copies!
- Speak clearly and think your way through each interview question. Some interview questions might include:
- Tell us about yourself
- What makes you a better candidate than someone else
- What can you offer an organization
- Be honest during your interview. If you don't understand the question ask for it to be repeated.
- Do some research about the organization you want to be working for.
- Start your future EMS career now
- Make application to the College of Paramedics of Saskatchewan as soon as possible
- Working for any ambulance service in Saskatchewan requires a Saskatchewan Class 4 driver's licence. To obtain one visit www.sgi.sk.ca but it requires a commercial medical. These things take time to obtain so start early.
- Keep your certification up to date. Example if your ITLS certificate or CPR is soon to expire get it renewed before you apply.
Starting in a career as a Paramedic:
How do I become a paramedic in Saskatchewan? The SaskatchewanPolytechnic is the only Saskatchewan training institute. Visit their campus at this link to learn about becoming a primary care paramedic or an advanced care paramedic. Is the primary Care Paramedic Program for you? (PLAR). Saskatchewan Polytechnic also has a PLAR resource guide to becoming a paramedic. Link it here. Once you graduate from SIAST or any other Canadian Medical Association (CMA) approved program you will required to be registered with the College of Paramedics of Saskatchewan to be eligible to practice in Saskatchewan. You can also visit the Paramedic Association of Canada to learn more.
The Saskatchewan Paramedics scope of practice can be found here.
The Saskatchewan Paramedics protocols can be found here.