To take an EMD course go to this site https://courses.prioritydispatch.net If you do not have a log in create one. Once logged in choose EMD Remote (image below) and scroll down till you find a course with space available. This course is at your own expense and is delivered through online education! Register early as space is limited and courses fill up fast!
Emergency Medical Communications is one of the fastest growing professional opportunities. While certain job sectors might be in decline, the need for dedicated emergency communications specialists is always in demand.
Parkland Ambulance Communications is one of three medical communication coordination centers in the Province of Saskatchewan. Our communications center uses state of the art technology to handle over 20,000 calls per year for 16 different ambulance companies in the northern region of the province Combined with coordination of services for numerous first responders and other emergency services partners, our communication center is a busy hub of activity.
Come see if a career in emergency medical services communications might be for you.
- Competitive wages
- Great working environment in a fun family like atmosphere
- Great benefits such as group pension plan, full medical and dental and more
- Training and uniform allowance
- Flexible shifts
What we look for:
- A friendly, professional, courteous and committed individual
- Able to multitask in sometimes an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Good computer skills
- Typing skills - 40+ words a minute
- Criminal records check
- Hearing test from a certified audiologist
- CPR certification
- National Academy Emergency Medical Dispatch (NAEMD) certified
- Someone willing to become an exceptional member of our health care team
You can fax resume to (306) 922-1250
Learn more about emergency medical communications profession from these links: